Use this free Chrome extension to automate all your HTML formatting.
How Can Wrapper Bot Automate Your HTML Editing?
Watch The Video For A Wrapper Bot Demonstration!
Wrap your text selections
into custom defined HTML wrappers
with a few clicks of the mouse!
Anybody that has ever edited a Squidoo lens or written a blog post in WordPress (and haven’t we all?), knows how to build and style a link!
To turn …
… into …
… you have to wrap it inside of a HTML code snippet such as …
<a href="http://xandralite.net" target="_blank" title="Xandralite"><span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration:underline; color:blue;">Click Me</span></a>
… which is mind numbingly boring if you have to do it dozens of times a day.
If you write it each time manually, it will cost you 30 to 60 seconds every single time!
If you go the copy pasting route, you’ll still have to do manual editing to change the anchor and styling with every time you copy paste it.
So… what if you could define all your personal favorite HTML wrappers and apply them to selected bits of text with a few clicks of the mouse?
Thanks to Wrapper Bot, now you can!
Click through the gallery images to see how Wrapper Bot works and what it can do for you!
Wrapper Bot is very handy for use on Squidoo, which doesn’t make it easy on you to build your own links.
Squidoo is just one example of where Wrapper Bot shines. I’m sure all of you can come up with many more uses of this very nifty Chrome extension!
Where Do I Get It?
- Click the Wrapper Bot icon to define custom HTML wrappers.
- There are already a few default wrappers defined on start upto help get you started easily.
- Use the [SELECTION] tag in your wrappers to have it wrap around your selected text.
- Select a bit of text in your browser, either on a published web page or in a text editor.
- Right click your selected text.
- Navigate to the Wrapper Bot context menu.
- Select the wrapper you wish to apply.
- The wrapper is now applied to your selected text.
Got feedback and / or suggestions? Leave a comment!